Queensland Raceway Open Sprints Grid – 20th October 2018
We are running our own private sprint grid and only opening it up for a maximum of 12 cars, below is some information on how sprints works and the requirements, if your keen to join us, please register at https://racers.world/login, you must have a Racers license to compete. Go to the https://racers.world/my-account/event/entercat/2089 (CC won't be charged) or select Ipswich Open Sprint for the 20th October and find the club entry list. Once entered make payment via this event, if you need any assistance or advice please contact us at https://www.facebook.com/qld86brz/ or via email email@example.com.
How Sprints are Run:
Sign on for sprints starts at 11:00am,
If there is a general practice run before the Sprint, sign on will generally start at 7:00am.
For sign on you are required to have photo I.D as well as your RACERS licence (or proof of purchase of the RACERS licence i.e confirmation email). At sign on you can buy/hire your timer for the afternoon. The timer should be affixed to the front of your car with the white sticker facing either downwards (towards the track) or frontwards, there should be no metal between the timer and the track. Cars must display numbers on them, if you do not have a preferred number one will be allocated to you, laminated numbers can be picked up at sign on.
You may park in the pitlane at Queensland Raceway, provided there is an available spot and that the event before has finished and no longer requires the pitlane.
Driver’s Briefing for Sprints starts at 12:30pm. All drivers MUST attend the briefing.
Sprints are on track at 1:00pm.
Sprint Format: 3 x 5 Lap (Clubman Circuit at Queensland Raceway) sessions which count for points + extra sessions if time permits.
Time sheets are printed after each run and can be found on the wall in the Driver’s Briefing Room (Queensland Raceway). Timing will be live to Natsoft for the event (Natsoft.com.au) and all times will be uploaded after the event.
Vehicle and Apparel Requirements: -
Road Registered Cars
1. ABS & SRS systems may be disconnected at the driver’s option.
2. In road cars the drivers must wear non-flammable clothing preferably covering the entire body I.e (Jeans, Long Sleeve Shirt, Enclosed Shoes)
3. If vehicle is road registered or road registerable it must meet the roadworthy requirements of Qld TMR
1. If vehicle is not road registerable it must meet the Racing Car standards shown below and apparel defined in 2 below.
2. In Racing Cars the drivers must wear FIA/SFI approved non-flammable Suit, gloves boots & balaclava.
3. Fire extinguishers, when fitted, must meet AS1841 standard and be secured to ensure they cannot injure the driver in the event of a crash.
4. Tyres must be fit for purpose, not recut or re-treaded, and be fitted to rim widths that comply with the Tyre and Rim Association manual and/or ADR requirements
5. Rear facing red lights for use during rain must be fitted to all vehicles; Brake lights are desirable when not mandatory
6. Tow points must be fitted, easily reached and clearly marked with a “TOW” sign 50mm high or a bright red ribbon tied to the tow point.